ID Genève Watches

Circular 1


100% recycled stainless steel collected
Bracelet strap
V-Textile 100% vegetal compost
Pin buckle
Dial finish
Sunbeam brushed
Water resistance
50 m
ø 41 mm
9.65 mm
Self-winding mechanical
Power reserve: 38 h, 28800 variations / hours
Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date
Launch date
Price incl. VAT
3’500 CHF

ID Genève stands for a new identity in the luxury watchmaking industry. 

We make the most eco-innovative mechanical watches, 100% sourced from the Swiss circular economy.

We started from scratch and built up an ecosystem that goes beyond the product itself. 

All CIRCULAR 1 model aspects have been thought in a circular way, it is made from recycled and recyclable materials. Hence the launch of our "Circular Swiss Made" label. 

The stainless steel of our watch case is local and traceable, it comes from the waste of the watchmaking companies in the Jura. The waste facility collects the scraps, then flashes them, sorts them and stores them. Once the minimum quantity is reached, this waste is transformed less than 200 kilometers from the Jura. This system allows to eliminate any further extraction of raw material. This recycled 1.4441 steel is marked on the back of the case and certifies its origin.  This “new gold” from Jura has a 10 times lower carbon footprint than the industry average, certified by Quantis, an independent expert based in the EPFL. The CIRCULAR 1 model is the pilot for the use of this steel. 

For the movement, we use only refurbished and reconditioned movements.

The strap is made with 100% vegetal compost. It’s recyclable after the end of its lifecycle.

The luxury experience with packaging has been redesigned to be more functional. It contains a travel pouch made of V-textile in a home compostable box made out of mycelium.

The design is modular and evolutive. It’s easy to repair it all around the world. 

Lateral pieces on the case are specially designed to be exchanged. The idea is to change the global shape of the watch, without changing the watch in order to extend the life cycle of the product. 

The design is timeless, in no way a niche product. Our watch must remain elegant and easy to adopt.

The elegance of the model comes from the formal language that we developed. We have been inspired by the repair of mechanical watch movements. The wheels have always been repaired with a dovetail shaped piece. We declined this shape on the case, the indexes, the hands and the logo, in order to sculpt the reflections of the light on the metal. The aim is to magnify the recycled steel and thus the waste becomes luxurious and precious.

For hundreds of years, watches have been repaired with a dovetail shape piece. These forms are declined on the watch and on the logo. It’s a way  to sculpt the reflections of light on the metal. The goal is to magnify the steel, the recycled steel. This makes waste a luxury, because waste is precious.

For the production chain, we focus on short routes for the respect of local production. 95% of our production takes place in Switzerland and the remaining 5% is made in Portugal and the United Kingdom. 

We have developed an after sales service online platform that encourages the extension of the life cycle of the jewel. When you buy this watch you receive an amount of money set aside to encourage maintenance. This digital ID portal will integrate as well a second-hand platform.

In parallel to the launch of  CIRCULAR 1, we created a LAB that allows us to keep this watch at the forefront of circularity and be a force of proposal and influence for the watch industry. The aim is to co-develop new materials for the watchmaking company with the help of startups across Europe. We are transparent and open books accelerate the circular economy transition. A watch is nothing in term of volume but it’s everything in term of values.

ID Genève has received the prize of best start-up from the Circular Economy Transition (CET) and has been nominated to the Design Preis Schweiz in the new category « Going Circular Economy ».