First ever-mechanical watch to be perfectly readable under water regardless of the viewing angle:
- Mechanical, Self-winding 36h power reserve
- 41 jewels – 25 gears – 3 ruby ball bearings
- 324 components in total
- Designed to comply with the ISO 6425 ( diver watch norm )
- Full grade 5 titanium ( excluding the base movement )
- 10 ATM water resistant
- 87 grams
- Hours, Minutes, Runner 90”, Oil temperature, Rotating Bezel
- ROCS 5 ( patented complication module )
- 142 components
- Convex grade 5 titanium bridges and discs ( 125 mm radius ) with 3 eccentric biaxial satellites inclined at 3° ( hours ) and 4,75° ( runner and oil temperature )
- 3D bridge architecture
- Completely submerged in Oil ( 142 components )
- Driven by the minute axle of the base movement ( 2824-2 custom modified )
- Oil filled ( 37,5 ml )
- Bellow system ( to compensate for oil volume changes due to temperature variations )
- Magnetic transmission ( 12 micro magnets transmitting the minutes from the dry–base movement section to the oil–ROCS module section )
- Magnetic shielding and flux concentration ( for higher connection power & movement protection )
- Hydraulic shock absorber ( to avoid an uncoupling of the magnets due to a shock - 5000G ISO norm )
- Two separate sealed of chamber architecture ( air & oil )
- Crownless ( winding and setup via case back )
- Locking system ( gasket compression system )
Relevance of the Type 5:
- Only ever made mechanical watch that is readable under water regardless of the viewing angle.
- Oil eliminates the internal mirror effect. All other mechanical diver watches must be viewed straight on.
- Oil enhances the readability of the dial > main function of a watch.
- Oil compensates for water pressure ( oil is uncompressible ) > light weigh watch for daily use ( 87 grams ).
- Oil lubricates the ROCS components > less friction.
- ROCS components are in suspension in oil. Lighter components > better precision.